Monday, September 26, 2011

 

Finding Nemo

It's official. I've entered the online dating scene. I've forayed into it before using match.com during the promotion periods and then letting it die out before realizing that I was being charged and needed to stop payment. However, this time is different. I'm committed to the process.

In the past couple weeks, I have been approached by three ex's. During this time, I realized two things. The first is that these dudes were all pathetic to reach out to me again in the hopes of rekindling something that had long since died. Especially the married one who clearly seems to be regretting his decision. The second was that I was pretty pathetic since those were pretty much the only boys that had reached out to me since a different ex tried to re-stoke the flames. This was no longer flattering, it was just sad that we were all playing a really bad game of musical chairs.

As a result, I decided to expand my options. SF is a small city but there is still 750,000 people here and millions more in the Bay Area. I joined Plenty of Fish and began my quest to find Nemo. Things have proven interesting. So far, I've been on for a week and have found that guys on the site are either looking for someone to dominate them, hook up with, or marry today. There are also guys who are there for the same reason that I am, looking in a new place for more options. I've had some great conversations and have been cancelled on once. I must admit that I wasn't that sad to be cancelled on by a guy whose favorite band is Motorhead, lives in San Jose, and was from Texas. Nothing is wrong with any of those things but as a package deal, it kinda sucks.

I can only imagine the blogs that will come out of this endeavor. Wish me luck!!!

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
Good luck, Sis. That site has been recommended to me, too.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?