Tuesday, December 26, 2006

 

Shake, Rattle & Roll

Hello Everyone,

Happy Holidays! I hope that everyone had/has a lovely ChanChrisZaa or whatever the new hip term is for a blend of the three. The long weekend was much needed and totally enjoyed by me. I spent it with an old roommate who came into The City for the holiday. We had many drinks, great meals, tons of dancing, and just a general good time. However, since we stayed in San Francisco, there are always things worth mentioning.

Some highlights:

I saw Night of the Museum. It was awesome!! Mind you, I went to school for museums and have worked in them on and off for 6 years. I recognize that everyone will not like this film but it totally inspired me to want to go back full time into museums. Unfortunately, the positions just don't pay parallel to what my skills bring me in for profit :-(

I was hit on by at least five gay men. I think it's the size of my boobs because frankly I just haven't met a man who doesn't go for them. I was with some friends in the Castro district (San Francisco's gay epicenter) dancing the night away when it started. Men started complimenting me on my hat as I was proudly rocking a Chicago Bears hat. Then came the dancing invites, drink offers, and straight up flattery. At first, I thought that these were straight guys out for a night of dancing. And then I realized that all of these guys were gay. Why is it that the only man that knows how to properly treat a lady are gay?

The weekend featured at least 3 earthquakes in the Bay area. I distinctly felt one, which had the nerve to disturb me while I was sleeping off a night of drinking! Seriously, if earthquakes were a person I would have went to their house to smack them for shaking my bed when I desperately needed stability. Apparently, I was lucky because there were quite a few more that I did not feel. After a weekend of trying to decide when the big one was going to hit, we decided to go and spend last night on Treasure Island (a man made island in the middle of the Bay). Mind you, I used to live on Treasure Island and when you sign your lease there is a release saying that you will not sue if the island sinks during an earthquake or other natural disaster.


All in all a fun weekend full of great stories and beautiful memories.


Unfortunately, we lost the Godfather of Soul, the hardest working man in show business, Mr. James Brown. And thanks to the shenanigans of his lawyer, accountant, and latest wife the estate battle is already on! Thanks for the memories Mr. Brown!! Below are two photographs that exemplify some of my favorite James Brown gems from his songs.

"I don't know karate, but I know crazy!" "Can't pass me People, Can't pass me!"





Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?