Friday, September 08, 2006

 

Hey Ya'll Part 1...

Hello kiddies,

I spent my Labor Day weekend in Georgia. Getting to GA was trying enough as my cousin called me in July to browbeat me into going. I distinctly remember being told that it was going to be a family reunion as my sister lives there but he was conspicously absent this past weekend. That sly fox! Sending myself and his own mother instead of going. I must admit, he had been there more recently than either of us, so I guess he deserved some time off for good behavior :-)

I was the first to arrive, coming from California earned me a lovely red eye flight. And being a good sister, I decided to tool around Atlanta for a few hours so that my sister would only have to come to the airport once and collect myself and aunt in one fell swoop. Once I left the airport, I went downtown in search of a cup of coffee since the cup I paid for at the airport never showed up. What I found instead was priceless.

Apparently every Labor Day weekend there is a huge science fiction convention, complete with parade. I managed to find myself the parade!! So, I sat at 8 am on Saturday morning drinking a large vanilla non-fat latte (for those of you who want to know what my choice drink is) watching a parade of people dressed up like Ghostbusters, Jedi's, Storm Troopers, the Borg, etc. Unfortunately I don't carry a camera, so I have no pictures. But I was animated enough to be interviewed for a story on the parade:

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/mld/ledgerenquirer/15426729.htm

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?