Friday, August 04, 2006

 

Pimp Slapped

I was running late this morning as I prepared myself for work. Usually I would panic since one of my responsibilities is to open the office and on Fridays I also get breakfast. However, I had ordered breakfast to be delivered and decided that a few minutes wouldn’t be too bad. So off I went in my train that I calculated would get me to work at 8:06 am instead of 8:00 am.

What I had not anticipated was how taking a train 15 minutes later than my usual time would do to my comfort level during the ride. Usually my train is fairly packed but it is a comfortable ride and is two car lengths. The one I took this morning was packed when I got on near the end of the line and only one car length. It was truly packed halfway through the ride. And the ride itself was elongated due to a “traffic jam” in the tunnel. Essentially all the trains showed up at the same time and we crawled through 5 stops.

During all this fun people began to, understandably, get hot. I was counting my blessings to at least have a seat when the most unexpected thing happened. I got pimp slapped. There was a guy trying to take off his jacket and apparently my face was in his way. Having never been pimp slapped before, I wasn’t sure what the proper etiquette one should engage upon once the slap has happened. I am sure that me bellowing “WHAT THE HELL!” is not the proper reaction to such a hit. I did get a very sincere apology and a pretty funny conversation out of it. Unfortunately, I also generated laughs from the guy at which I was making goo-goo eyes.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?