Wednesday, August 09, 2006

 

Laziness is the New Black

This morning as I got off the train, I stepped into the queue to take the escalator up to the street level. For some reason there seemed to be more people than usual and the line was moving EXTREMELY slow. So I decided to do something drastic. I stepped out of the queue and went to the manual stairs! Shocking I know. It was only about 75 stairs and a nice little cardio for me.

I think the most shocking was that once I reached the top, I was slightly out of breath. After 75 stairs, I could FEEL the burn. I was truly shocked and a bit sad at how out of shape I am. Keep in mind that this is the same girl who plans on walking 3 miles in six weeks for the American Heart Association. I’ve decided to walk up the stairs every day and try to work in a walk after work a couple days a week.

As I type this and think about the last time I truly exercised, I realize that it’s been at least 2 years. Thanks to public transportation and technology, I am the banner child of laziness. It’s like it’s the new black always in fashion and always in season. It’s a good thing that the escalator line was so long today. It would have sucked to have suffered a heart attack at the Heart Walk.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?